Wednesday, October 29, 2008



Ok, first of all. I am not happy about the picture I am posting with this blog. It’s October and we are going to have shovel our way to the great outdoors. My only solace in this snowy event is that it is supposed to be 60 degrees for Friday on a day that we take our children around dressed funny and ask perfectly good strangers for candy. It’s a swell tradition. I am hoping the snow all melts away.
As I am writing this, the power has turned off. No power means the coffee that was starting to brew….not brewing. The shower I have been looking forward to all day because my morning was so crazy… not happening.
So, since we have been snow-bound it’s caused two kids to be delirious about playing in the snow. In the light of their smiles, I can tolerate the white stuff. In light of getting them dressed every time they want to go outside, I’m ready to invent the all-in-one boots, mittens, snow pants, jacket, scarf ensemble that just needs to be zippered. :) Now THAT would be an invention.
On a side note, on my next trip to the store I am buying approximately 100 pairs of those little gloves in hopes to at least have five matching pairs by the time winter is over. Between socks and mitten, we are not doing well in matching-world.
So, I have spent today getting work into my boss ( who was extremely excited that I couldn't drive in today) organizing various facets of my house and thinking about working out. We have colored, painted, baked (when the power was actually on), built towers, played in the snow, made hot chocolate and now were are getting our boots, hats, mitten, snow pants, jackets and scarves back on to enjoy this wet, windy, snowy – it-not-even-Halloween-yet weather. :) Praise the Lord.
P.S – By the time I am actually posting this…we went 12 hours with no power. :)

No comments: