Friday, June 27, 2008

A Blog...But For What?


Ok. Ok. Ok. In the past month I have been asked at least four or five times about why I don’t have a blog claiming real estate in the vast landscape of cyberspace. I don’t really have an answer other than, I just never thought about it. In addition I question if I really have anything worth reading or for that matter writing. I guess we’ll find that out. Maybe, perhaps it is because I write for living and sitting down to write just for fun just seems like overkill. The two worlds of writing run in parallel universes, they are nothing alike. One abides by the rules of newspaper, the other follows no rules. One is regulated by fact while emotional forethought and perhaps even a little creativity regulate the other. Both facets of writing appeal to me and actually writing for a newspaper can spawn more creativity then you would think. Btw the picture is just that, a picture of a day-in-the-life. Austin, Andrew and mom in a strawberry patch. Not a bad day.
So, I have no idea what this blog will entail. I guess we can take the journey together.

5 comments:

Maybe Tomorrow said...

oh yeah! I get to be your first comment. welcome to the wonderful world of blogging - can't wait what you come up with :) XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber! I'm going to bookmark this site and check back to see what you are "discovering".
A blog without a purpose other then to ramble usually turns out to be the best blogs to read. I look forward to see what you come out with.
Remember girl, Just breathe! :-)
I need to get back to mine, but so many restrictions from my spouses "employer" (you'll figure that out), that it's hard to know what is safe anymore.
Good luck, break a leg, whichever applies!
-Heidi

ckuretich said...

AWESOME. I'm in. and I do understand where you're coming from, but I think you might find this "just for fun" writing inspires you in other ways...and is a good release for stress and creativity and the like.

YAY.

Amber J said...

You guys make me smile!

dana said...

hi sweetie! i never write on these things...but you are special! just wanted to tell you that i love you and that you are pretty cute...not to mention those handsome boys! i love that christin left a comment- she keeps up with so many college people it is not even funny!!! so great.