Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Had Dinner With Rocco


I had dinner with Rocco. Ok, let me give you some background due to the fact that my mother asked me.."Ok, so who is Rocco?" Rocco Mediate is a professional golfer. He is not above average looking in a Patrick Demspey type way. However, he carries a charm about him that has won over the media. His sportsmanship and easy-going demeanor has captivated and won over everyone he plays with and against. Just today they showed him joking around with his caddy during one of the most intense moments of the British Open. He is easily one of my favorite people due to his ability laugh and be kind to everyone. So, in my quest to become the ultimate Rocco fan, I will get a t-shirt that simply says: ROCCO. So that's the brief background on Rocco.
Anyway, last night at dinner while we waited to be seated, the nice girl as for Gregg's name. With a straight face he looked at her and said, "I'm Rocco", to which I choked and was thankful I was not drinking a soda as it would have surely come out my nose. I tried to stay within the moment. The girl simply nodded, but I think she suspected that Gregg was not a Rocco.
But, we had dinner together and my receipt order simply states: Local Order Requisition For Two: Name: Rocco.
HA!
"Don't Knock the Roc." - yo!

1 comment:

Maybe Tomorrow said...

Isn't he just so great? I told Ryan (finally) that I had a huge crush on Rocco. And he was ok with it.