Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Phraseology - Key Words I like To Hear

A few great phrases make my world go 'round.

"Mama, will you snuggle with me?"

"The coffe is ready"

"Let's go out to eat"

"Forecast looks hot and muggy"

"Wanna get some ice cream?"

"Hey this song is for you" (Let's make sure this is a sweet, meaningful song and not Baby Got Back or anything)

"Oh you don't have to pay for that"

"Ok boys, time for bed!"

"I made dessert"

"You're pretty"

"Hey coach remember when you said...?" (This is a clear indication that within the hundreds of hours I have spent with female athletes that at some point something I said stuck!)

"I see the same stars you see"

"I love you, I miss you"

"Hey, there is still coffee left"

"Let me get the door for you pretty girl," I say thank you to the 100-year-old man holding the door open. He says, "That's a beautiful smile... if only I was younger" (I wonder...how much younger we talkin' here? 70 years?) All the same he made me laugh.

"Mommy, I can tell you how I came out of your tummy." (Long pause...conversation gets sidetracked) phew.

"I think Rocco Mediate just waved at you!!" ha ha (Ok so this phrase has never been said, but ya never know!)

There are probably more, but its morning and I haven't finished my coffee yet...so I'll add 'em as I think of 'em.

No comments: