Friday, December 19, 2008

A Little Chuckle

I am taking a slight blogging break, but still had to share something my mom wrote to us kids and my dad about her day yesterday. So, far be it from me not to allow a guest blogger....
I more than welcome fill in's while I stall out for a bit...

So she wrote:
So...today has been a long day...a very profitable day (for store owners) but my tale begins a couple weeks ago.....One night on my way down to the basement I saw a critter run across the basement floor...
Bad news...it looked like a rat.
Good news... Dennis walled up a hole (used for drainage) believing the rat was gone.
Bad news...2 nights ago the rat trap was sprung and there was a blood trail to the wood pile (told you this was not for the weak stomach)
Good news...it should die.
Bad news...last night as Dennis was going down to take care of the fire when he got home the rat was on the top step but did go down.
Good news...it moved slowly...obviously injured...hopefully will die.
Bad news...it was back on the top step when Dennis went down last night to feed the fire.
Funny news....he went and got his BB gun and shot at it. I think he hit it.
Bad news..it ran.Good news..Laureen will NOT feed the fire.Interesting news....Laureen spent ALLLLL day in Oneonta... seeing many people to talk which was nice but made the day VERY long...
Bad news...by the time I got home (at 7PM) Dennis had left to do his shopping
Good news...he wouldn't see what I had bought him.
Bad news...I opened the mudroom door to a wall of smoke.....
There must be good news..oh yeah....my house was NOT on fire but the stove pipe had come apart and had filled the house with smoke
Bad news...I had to go into the basement (remember the rat) and try in the midst of eye hurting.. throat hurting smoke to get the pipe together
Good news...when I kicked the fallen stove pipe no rat ran out of it.
Bad news...my house was FILLED with smoke and I had to open windows and doors and freeze as I carried in arm loads of stuff (did I mention how happy the store owners are?)
Good news...I cannot believe the rat could survive all that smoke inhalation.
Bad news...I can still smell a little smoke
Good news...I love Dennis...I have my house and tomorrow night we can have smoked rat for supper.

Oh yea...still waiting on some sun ray pictures.... ok, until next time...:)

No comments: