Monday, December 29, 2008

Back To The Classics

I would definitely be considered what some would call a "book worm".  I love books for a variety of reason of which I won't bore you with, but I could spend a daunting amount of time in a bookstore and still wonder if boredom could find me.  I doubt it.
Anyway, I could confidently say I have read a million books (or almost), but I cannot say I have read some of the most endearing classics.  I almost feel guilty when someone says ... "Have you ever read?"  Follow that wide open question with "A Tale of Two Cities",  "Oliver Twist", "Emma", "Gone With the Wind" or even a full tale of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn and I would answer with a resounding no.  I know enough about each one to grapple through a conversation, but there are a number of classic literary giants that have shaped so much and I have never read a word.  So, being the true nerd I am...(and Santa knew it) I did have  two of those works stuffed in my stocking.  So, hopefully I can trim the list a little this winter.
I think this adventure will spill over into cinema as well.  I JUST watched "Miracle On 34th Street" for the first time ever!  There are a few other cinematic treasures I will probably view just for my own self indulgence if nothing else.  Plus, it's a good excuse for buttery popcorn and a big ol' blanket.  Wanna come? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I there with you:)
mom

Amber J said...

awww...thanks:) um..can you bring the popcorn..I'm all out.haha;)