Friday, October 16, 2009

My dilemma

Now careful when you read this, it is sure to be very deep and thought provoking...
So here it is. In the world of digital photography, facebook and blogs...it begs the questions......do I really need to do the Christmas Card thing?
Ever since Andrew came along- I have been diligent in three things: Christmas Cards, photo albums and a scrapbook ( yes Kuretich a scrapbook;) )
The Christmas Card idea seems a little redundant, but at the same time I LOVE getting them. So, my quandary remains the same. Everyone that I would send a card too has probably seen most of my pictures ( I may like to post a few here and there on facebook). AND, I usually limit cards to family and friends I don't see. I have small pet peeve with people who just buy cards and sign a name at the bottom and that's it. ( I know, it's a random pet peeve, but if you are going to send a Christmas card give me a picture or SOMETHING to let me know about the year that has past.) I am probably losing friends by the second here.
Also, I love photo albums. My mom did a fantastic job of keeping albums all the way up through. However, it just seems crazy now to get all the pictures printed and in an album when I can just pop in a CD and the kids flip through the pictures on the computer. It seems less sentimental in so many ways. I did scale way back on the scrapbook thing. WAY back, as in, I haven't done it in a year.
The kids journey's are well documented in so many facets, I am not sure where the scrapbook fits in except to flash some creativity.
So, right now..yes..I am looking at pictures that would make a cute Christmas card, but really - not sure if that will come to fruition. Ah, the big questions in life.

10 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

I love sending out Christmas cards. I always write a little note in them too, not just sign my name. My aunts and uncles enjoy getting pictures, too.

You bring up a good point, though. Now that everyone's connected through the Internet, we could probably do away with some of the pictures!

Josh said...

You could just send them to people who don't keep up with you on facebook and your blog. Like aunts, uncles, grandparents; you know, people who might take offense to NOT receiving one. Grandparents wait all year for it, so they can post it on their mantle or refrigerator.

Unknown said...

ok, ok, good points all around...sheesh- and I was almost talking myself out of doing it ;)

Anonymous said...

yea, hmmmm. good one. I have yet to do a card..so I probably shoudn't have an opinion on this one..but I DO like getting them:) Is that selfish?
Christy

Anonymous said...

By all means....yes, a Christmas card; especially when the kids are young. But, since we all know you are a photographer, the cards have to be creative. Santa Hats on at your favorite place during the summer, kids in their PJS with Mom and Dad in matching ones... you know that sort of stuff. Can't wait 'till we get ours.
TS

Unknown said...

Well not THAT is a lot of pressure...but I'm up for the challenge!!! just you wait!!!!

Unknown said...

i mean now- :P

Melissa said...

Should I tell you that I already bought 2 boxes a few weeks ago... I hate writting CC's but we have done it all my life. Maybe I'll break away form the norm :)

Melissa said...

Sorry I should have told you I'm doing a different blog, kind of a sensitive topic + blog and hoping to monitize too. Hope you don't mind me posting...

Unknown said...

ah! a new blog! cool!