Sunday, November 8, 2009

Investing...

Anyone who has been close to me this past week knows it was a week full of emotional highs and lows. The undulation in emotions can cause a million questions to arise in why we invest in other people's lives. No one is perfect and imperfections will result in disappointments. However, within those imperfections are gems. I am not sure how to describe it, but I was asked this week why in the world I would agree to coach a varsity girls soccer team. Now, for anyone who does it, you know the answers to that question. On the outside... people have to wonder why I agree to invest months into the lives of a handful of adolescent females in an arena where emotions run high, parents get involved and every decision I make is subject to public scrutiny. I can only equate it to parenting or any other job where the investment and the work is worth it for the betterment of a child.
This past week as I watched a group of young ladies close out a successful and long season, I realized what character and promise they possess. It's a brilliant and unforgettable experience to watch 17 young girls from a variety of backgrounds, an array of personalities and widely varied perspectives on life...pull together to work toward a single goal. The investment was worth it. The investment into the lives of those girls is worth every frustration and every bump along the way.
It's just one reason why I coach, but many reasons why investing in others is worth the time. Family and friends are sure to disappoint as I am sure I will disappoint others at times. However, the reciprocal blessings, I think, outweigh the disappointments. So, whether it be friends, family, athletes or my children, the investments I have made have been worth it.

5 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

Good for you! How fortunate those girls have you to guide them.

Anonymous said...

very awesome. not many people have the opportunity - or if they do - utilize it wisely:)
sara

TS said...

I hope the girls see this. They are so lucky to have you has their coach. Unfortuneatly they may not realize it until they are parents or are standing in your shoes. Thank you for all you've done and will continue to do.

PS. Although I can't see him airing his thoughts and feelings on a public blog, the same goes for your husband. You are a great team and offer so much to your family, friends, the school children and the community.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://gokasatu.o-f.com/aqonixe.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://iziqaduba.freewebsitehosting.com/risuqe.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life