Monday, May 10, 2010

A challenge....

The idea is nothing new... in fact I kinda got it from Josh Lloyd when he challenged himself to photograph something every week. I photograph for work all the time, but there is something, well, rigid about that. So...I am going to try to find something "different" to photograph each week. Not sure what that will be, but I know when I drive around I often see something and I think, "hmm, that could be a neat pic". PLUS...this will force me to have my camera with me at all times because it never fails that when I leave it behind...I see something cool.
So, here's the first photograph....

He was sitting outside the gas station while I was waiting for someone...scratching off a lottery ticket...which I thought was fitting considering his hat ;)

Also in the week of small accomplishments. I have completed week two of Insanity...sheesh. AND. FINALLY. watched Casablanca...from beginning to end..with barely an interruption. It was ironic because then the following night I was watching a show and they kept quoting lines from that movie. Random. Oh and I was able to watch The Outsiders a bit ago too... two classics from two very different era's :). Mission accomplished. Now...deadline.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... I am a young amateur photographer, just startin out. I found your page, and somehow I also found your pictures... LOVE THEM! Feel free to stop by my blog and give me some tips! * www.downmemorylanephotography.blospot.com *

I'd love to chat sometime! I see you wnet to LU... I live right down the street from the main campus!

Jill Kemerer said...

Good for you! Isn't it invigorating when you can choose your subjects?

Amber J said...

Heather - gonna check out your blog this afternoon:) thanks for touching base!
Jill - loved your blog about the monkey..oh my...gonna comment on that in a sec ;)

Anonymous said...

That is cool!
lj

the Jeffr said...

pics :) :)
workout :P
Casablanca :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

awesome shot...love that hat tho- how great is that?
cj