Thursday, July 8, 2010

And So It Begins...


To see a passion of my own spark just a small interest in my own children...well, I have to admit, it's exciting. It must be what a painter sees when his child presents his first watercolor masterpiece or when a musician hears her little one singing in the back seat completely on key or the novelist watching his son evolve into a bookworm...something of you can be seen in them. They may never do more than dip a toe in the shore of what is a vast ocean of interest for me, but at least they know it, at least they feel what its like to be out there with a ball at their feet. They came off the fields with smiles, sweaty faces and smelly shin guards...and the memories came rolling back. It's not my turn anymore...it's theirs and they may love it as I did or they may not. The choice is theirs....but tonight...at least they found a liking to something I have loved :)









5 comments:

CG said...

I knew I liked you for a reason. The greatest game on earth. (=

Anonymous said...

awww. maybe they'll score lots of goals like mommy tooooo!
sara

Anonymous said...

awww. maybe they'll score lots of goals like mommy tooooo!
sara

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are having a blast.
Just wait until you put a camera in their hands!

Jill Kemerer said...

Love watching my kids play sports. We just finished up baseball season.

Have a great weekend!