Friday, July 30, 2010

It comes in threes...

or so I was told. I am not sure about that, but the past couple of weeks have unfolded a bunch of mishaps all glued together...and more than three!
*A disclaimer - the following post is not a complaint, merely a re-telling of events so that either you will laugh at the unfortunate or it will comfort you to know..it happens to everyone.

July 4th - after several problems...it finally happened...all systems in the house backed up. No toilets, no showers and very quick dish washing. Having company over was a little daunting so visitors were limited;) So, without much warning - soon enough our front lawn was dug up only to reveal a calamity of errors in a previous septic system. awesome.
Simultaneously in the transfer of a BUNCH of money from one financial institution to another..it was lost. Yup. lost. After a million hours on the phone and three days of stress, the money was found.
AND who wouldn't love to be on one of the most heavily traveled roads in Albany just in time to have your car stall...but God allowed me to find the side of the road and at least get the car into a parking lot..where the problem was actually pretty minor.
Went to a concert...had a blast..but lost the tickets in the car somehow and overshot my exit, only to turn around and come face to face with all the traffic of opening day at the Saratoga Race Track and THEN Brad Paisley never even mentioned my name...sheesh.
I was all excited when I purchased my NEW camera only to find out a week later my credit card had never been charged because the register failed and the purchase was "never made".
I went to mow part of the lawn with the push mower, the one wheel rusted out and fell off which only led to use using the riding mower - which also had a part come loose and the a piece of the deck fell out, used the weed trimmer...and the string went far far away somewhere. ( I hate landscaping anyway).
Austin ended up with 102 fever for a few days and the short cut I took last week....was not so much a short cut as it was a scenic drive :)

All - in-all nothing horrible and life changing, could have been better, definitely could have been worse. I have to admit, at some point you just laugh and wonder...what next? A friend and I did manage to pound five cheese burgers, three snack wraps and a giant coke....so that was perk!
Now its a quiet morning. I have had two days all to myself (and a night) and its easy to reflect on the good stuff - like toilets that flush.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you are still smiling....God is blessing you...you just might not know it yet :)
love you-mom

Anonymous said...

Amber, that sounds like a pretty rough week and I'm sorry you had to put up with all that! Although I have to admit it did bring a giggle or two out of me. You're right...sometimes all you can do is laugh, and it DOES make me feel better that things like that happen to other people ;)

Anonymous said...

hahahaha - now I laugh only because its all so indentifiable! (is that a word?) anyway, hope august is a lil better for ya!
cj