Sunday, September 12, 2010

Here, There and Everywhere

I was told I was crazy :) yup, someone said it right to my face.... of course he said it in jest, but I know he meant it. Why? First and foremost because I willingly work with 19 teenage girls from August to November every year. I LOVE this time of year. I don't completely fall in love with the fall, because in my heart I want more summer, but I love the soccer season. I honestly can't remember a time in my life where fall didn't bring soccer -as a player or as a coach. Every year it's always a bunch of work to get ready, to prepare 19 girls to work together for a common goal.... so that is where I was told I was crazy. I add coaching to working, parenting - not to mention embarking upon a small, new photography business that has kept me in a whirlwind of work the past two months!
I say all that - because playing soccer was a passionate endeavor, coaching soccer is a whole new, amazing passion that gives you extreme highs and lows that can't be created anywhere else.
This past week, I watched a girl hit the shot of her life...just as her father was getting out of his car and rushing to get to the field. After the game - he was bursting with pride at what she had done...and he should have been - it was an incredible hit. But, it was special to watch her face light up as her dad recounted the seconds leading up to and following her goal. It was a moment among hundreds and I have many more I could go on and on about - but that was the most recent. So, yea- I am crazy :) But I love the crazy.
I also realize- I am much more energized during the fall and had to wonder what that was all about. I think - it's because I am doing something that I love and that spills over. So may I suggest, if there is something you absolutely love to do, take some time this week and do it! Draw, write, create, run, laugh, sing really loud for no reason, write a song, dream, praise the Lord you are alive to see today - oh..and come watch us play ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Passion is a wonderful thing to have...too many never seem to have it!!!!
lj

Josh said...

Just curious if you could do me a favor. I subscribe to your blog via RSS. In my RSS reader, it only shows me the title of your post. So in order for me to read it, I have to click on the title, which opens up a new tab and takes me to your blog, in which I have to scroll down past the big header to read it.

There should be a setting in Blogger that allows you to post the whole entry, or just the title in an RSS feed. Could you do me a solid and change it so I can read it without leaving the RSS reader? That would be awesome! Thanks.

Amber J said...

josh- :) you should be all set. I think u should do ur picture project again. yup.

Josh said...

Youre awesome! Thanks! Maybe I will. I really do want to take more photos.

Amber J said...

YOU SHOULD!! I'll be a fan! that was fun stuff!