Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We don't play holiday music...

I don't listen to the radio much, but on my drive yesterday the station (a secular one) DJ said..."We don't play holiday music, but if you are looking for Christmas music, we are your station."
It was small, but it made me smile. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a resurgence in using the word "Christmas" this year. It's as if there is a subtle, yet noticeable rebellion among many to go against the whole "holiday wishes" and wish someone a Merry Christmas. I had TWO cashiers wish me a Merry Christmas AND post office person do the same. What I say? Is it possible? And you know what happened? I wished them a Merry Christmas back and no lightning bolts struck us, no one fell over in the lobby because they heard such an exchange... yup..it was almost as if.... Christmas was coming...not some obscure holiday ;)

No comments: