Saturday, September 3, 2011

and the world keeps turning...

ever experience something that devastates you and you feel the whole world is crashing down...but in reality...the whole world keeps moving on...with or without you?  There have been a couple of times in my life where heartache and near tragedy has flattened me. You almost despise those who still laugh or carry on with the "normalcy" of life while your whole world is falling apart.  Now, I am not personally going through something like this right now, but i think just about anyone can relate. Within the towns of Middleburgh and Schoharie, Margaretville and Windham, Prattsville and Gilboa the world has slowed to a near stop. Within our streets the National Guard is something we have gotten used to, firetrucks and every other big machine is a regular sighting, dirt, grime and sadness is kind of every day for now. So it's odd to drive to another spot in our little world where the sun is shining, kids play soccer and people walk their dog without a care. It's almost like you feel a resentment toward their regular life :)  Though, I don't hold it against them, sometimes you want to scream out and say..."do you have any idea what is going on today!"
But then i ask myself...when was my last normal day someone else's nightmare? the world keeps on turning :)

and seriously.... I want one...


No comments: