Thursday, September 15, 2011

At the ledge...

in a good way :) The way the last few weeks have panned out I am literally on a rollercoaster of emotions! The flood, the people I see, the friends I know and the job I have...have all intertwined in a way that has woven some of the most beautiful moments in my life.
First. God is good. No matter what we think and wonder why, He is. It's hard to see when you look at homes and businesses devastated by what has happened, but remember we are looking at a small picture. Life is big.
Anyway- I stand at a ledge of opportunity that will change so much. Let's face it, as a creature of comfort I like to plan and do what I have been doing. My job is predictable...so is my paycheck. My schedule is somewhat predictable...that is comforting.
The recent events put my job in peril because of MANY reasons, but it allowed me to have some VERY clear cut conversations with my boss that we have not had. I have been unsettled in my job for awhile and it seems the hurricane issue sparked some new opportunities in a weird way.
I had a friend of a friend offer me a new opportunity that I am really liking and so far, my freelance photography has been doing ok :) Despite my belief that I possess superhuman powers and can do it all. I know I can't. Letting go of comfort and taking on something totally new is crazy to me. BUT exciting. I am trying to be patient and watch the doors open for me and step off the ledge in faith the God will catch me. :) It's easy to tell someone else to do it, waaaaay hard when it's yourself and it is a decision involving your family and your finances. But, I am at peace that whichever way it goes, it will be GOOD. God is good. Did I mention that? And HE is real. We just tend to shut him down in our own finite ways.
Here's to a new chapter...soon. I hope :)

1 comment:

CG said...

Hurray! I love new opportunities. Spread your wings and fly lil butterfly! :) Hugs and Keeses!