Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Heart Brooks' :)

Anyone who loves food, loves Brooks' Chicken. I have yet to meet someone who said they didn't LOVE their dinner. Located in Oneonta, the smell of their chicken draws a Sunday crowd like you have never seen. However, I have a deeper love for Brooks...that extends beyond the food.
Not only do the owners know how to kick off a mean BBQ, Mr. Brooks is popular to my family for his fish. He generously extends the invitation to my lil men to fish up at his hunting camp...a lil boys (and big boy) dream day. So, today, sunny and warm - all the boys are off enjoying Mr. Brooks' fish.
So, now it comes down to the crazy question....what to do with entire day to myself. I sometimes wondered what this day would be like after the clingy mommy days began to subside.
It's bittersweet. I could have gone, it was my decision to let the boys go and be boys. But, now a day expands before me and I could go in a hundred different directions. The productive side of me wants to tackle a million projects, the bum side of me wants to grab a book and blanket and head outside for the day and the "work" side of me wants to...nope...there is no work side of me right now :P
I am almost done with Emma...I am not sure if that falls in the "project to tackle" category or a "bum with a book" category. We shall see.

On a completely non-related note...
French Elle magazine shot all of its models sans make-up. And, I have to say...awesome. I think its very alluring and honestly, now that everyone knows how graphic designers manipulate cover models its nice to see a model..looking...almost...real:) I think we might see more of this..but props to the French for now.

Ok, gonna find something to do with my day!

3 comments:

the Jeffr said...

Brooks' chicken IS fantastic. If you ever get greedy and buy more than you can eat in one sitting, try chopping the leftovers nice and fine and then mixing in some mayo...TERRIFIC chicken salad!

Good covers too...those shallow graphic designers :P

Amber J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

im jealous! i wanna day all to myself. can i come play?!?!?
christy