Thursday, February 18, 2010

For Love(hate) of Fitness....

Ok, so I love(hate) working out.... In high school it was never a thought- I played three sports...I never had to "schedule" a work out time or design a fitness plan. It was already integrated. Then came college. Playing soccer at the college level left little time for anything else and until I blew out my knee(s) I never had to think about when or how I would work out.
However, then came life after college, kids, jobs and the world and it wasn't hard to see how some people let go of fitness in lieu of well...life. I had to figure out how life was going to go via keeping fit.
Call it family genetics, slow metabolism, whatever you will, gaining weight comes EASY to me! So, I have always had to be careful (not too careful ;) I mean, we all need a big, fat greasy slice of pizza) and I have always had to work out...guess it served me well that Gregg is a PE teacher and a fitness trainer.
I was talking to a friend who is going on a diet...I hate that word "diet"...it's the very word that describes self-deprivation. I am not going to diet, but instead find things I LOVE to eat that are actually good for me :) My friend listed all the things she was staying away from and I just know I am not that kind of person...so instead of listing the things I am NOT going to eat or do...I invested in things I enjoy eating. I won't bore you with my list, but seriously we are all begging for spring/summer to come and with spring come tank tops, shorts and yup.....bathing suits ;)
I say go positive and for those of you I have convinced to do p90x.... sooooo worth it...DON'T STOP!! I might even join you (again)... for the love(hate) of sore muscles :D



No comments: