Monday, February 1, 2010

National Girlfriend Week..

I spent some time trying to validate when the "official" National Girlfriend and Sister's Week actually was...but instead of wasting time to make sure I got the date right, I decided to roll with my thoughts.
It stemmed from an email my friend sent me that began with "I am only as strong as the coffee I drink, the hairspray I use and the friends I have. To the cool women who have touched my life. Here's to you!"

So, I admit I was a little grumpy a day or two ago..but when I thought of this blog - I did have to smile. Because. yup. I have some pretty great friends.
1. I have a mom. A mom who was a parent to me growing up and is now my friend and confidant (yes and still a mom ;) )

2. I have a girlfriend who drove in a blizzard to come make me work out with her!

3. A girlfriend texted " :) " and that was all - just a little hi. I was happy to be thought of!

4. I was sick and a girlfriend made me dinner.

5. I have girlfriends across the US re-arranging and trying hard to find time this summer to spend time together.

6. I have a girlfriend who rivals me in who needs a bigger coffee cup;)

7. I also have girlfriends who are more organized than I am and give me the challenge of doing better!!!

8. I have a girlfriend who is willing to tell me what they really think.

9. I have girlfriends who have lived with me, cried with me, listened to me, prayed with me, laughed with me and most importantly - like me for me.

10. I have girlfriends who sing with me in the car ( and yes we DO sound like Carrie Underwood) and I am blessed to have girlfriends who I know I can call anytime for anything.

11. I can only hope and pray that I am a girlfriend that can be counted on for at least ONE of these things.
Happy Girlfriend and Sisters week to all those lovely ladies in my life :)

6 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

What a great post! I can't imagine life without my sister and my girlfriends. Who else understands our bad hair, thunder thigh days?

Anonymous said...

I am honored to be your mom....your friend....I will love you for always, Sunshine!!

amber johns said...

Thanks Jill!!! No sisters for me- but God blessed with my girls :)

you too mom;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.