Sunday, February 21, 2010

A small leap....

So, here it goes. For one who never really thought I would have a blog...I now have two.
It's a small(giant)/hesitant leap into the world of photography. http://amberj-photography.blogspot.com/






I have photographed for years, but this is different. Way different for me. I am not under the umbrella of a newspaper nor am I restricted in any way. The freedom is refreshing and daunting at the same time. It will be an adventure ( at least I hope ;) ) I am not leaving my job as a writer at the newspaper, but this will at least give me an outlet for something I have loved to do for a long time. I plan on reinventing as much as possible and taking my photojournalism background and stretching it. It's something that if I stretch and perhaps make myself a little uncomfortable, the "art" itself will be rejuvenated, relaxed and healthier. I don't know if that makes sense...but God willing, I will be able to keep stretching, learning and improving as I go :) So, hopefully you will join me for the ride!


4 comments:

lost in thought said...

Count me in :) i love your work. it's beautiful!!!!

Jill Kemerer said...

Good for you!! I'm always inspired by anyone who takes risks--congrats!

Unknown said...

thanks! it should be interesting to see!

Anonymous said...

awesome...nice job!!!
cj