Wednesday, August 24, 2011

and it begins...

I drove to the high school where I coach three days ago and thought to myself.."oh my gosh..it's here. again." The new soccer season. Fall 2011. For those of you NOT ruled by the school calendar, I am sure your annual "moments" are different. But, in late August I drive to the school, every fall,  where I meet 18-20 teenage girls who want to play soccer. But here is what happens. They run, they cry, they puke, they push themselves, they look at me and I look back and them...and another season begins. :)
It's hard to explain, unless you do it. But it's a cool feeling to be the only ones out there working your butts off for one reason.  No phones, computers, parents, boyfriends or external factors...just us and a ball and a common goal.
The next few months are insane. My schedule gets annihilated, but when one of the girls looks at me and says, "I'm ready coach,". Well, wouldn't you know - so am I kiddo :)

No comments: