Friday, November 28, 2008

Undercover Domestic Diva

The Barefoot Contessa I am not. Emerill would only shake his head at me and Rachel Ray would have to remind me to get more EVOO soon.
Though, I am not a culinary artist by any mean, I broke my self-made mold the day before Thanksgiving. I cooked and baked with a whirlwind of ingredients and a flurry of holiday necessity. After working throughout most of the day, running to the store to get all the ingredients I would need and returning home to two pairs of young, eager helping hands to get food ready.
Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind cooking…it’s just not something I get excited about. I have friends who are always coming up with new and wonderful ideas whereas I am happy if I have managed to somehow incorporate vegetables into the meal so my kids will eat them.
I like to try to make new things..until the ingredient list passes about seven things….then, I just start to shudder.
However, I uncovered a little domestic diva and I stress…little….only because she will go back into hiding soon. But we baked breads, made a soufflĂ©, put together an array of finger-foods and even pleasured the kid in all of us when we wiped frosting on a few cut-out sugar cookies.
The mess in my kitchen was part awful. My feet kinda hurt and I just couldn’t wait for a soothing cup of hot chocolate and my blanket…but alas I kinda forgot that I still had to make dinner.
So…since I was so inspired by my previous endeavors in the kitchen…I fought through the fatigue and made the best stuffed pizzas EVER! That’s right…EVER!
And on another note….dishwashers are just a splendid invention.

Ok - so this was the beginning to the incredi-bread day of a million loaves.



Broccoli is ok, but this cheese and broccoli souffle' is sooooooo yummy.


At one point I was going to add the stuffed pizza picture- but ode' to the food network people who make food look good on tv and in pictures...because it looked like a saucey massacre...but in real life...it was a yumm-o. So, I will omit the picture and you can take my word for it :)






Despite cooking and baking and flaunting my small penchant for culinary accomplishments...I still put on a smile to jump right into making and decorating a few Christmas cookies. But, Andrew was just too excited and I just couldn't say no. So......




This was me being part domestic diva.....part saint:) haha - just kidding...sort of.

AND - this is where I prove..I am no diva...as these poor non-surviving loaves will never make it. This is what happens when one diva starts making cookies, doing laundry and talking on the phone:) oooooops. Oh well...casualities. It happens. They will make good weapons tho!





































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) Did you mean EVOO?

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAH! HEIDI - Does this prove my point or what? I think I'll have to correct it - i just laughed out loud!