Friday, May 8, 2009

Something Weird Happened...

Anyone who knows me but at all knows that I am, in no way, a morning person. I am not even close. But, this morning, I woke up and I actually felt awake! I got "the boys" off to school and instead of crawling on the couch to groggily make it through some morning news and coffee - I actually had energy! This morning turned into a productive morning... not sure what that is all about and it might be an eternity before it ever happens again...but I was thinking, "so this is what morning people are like". I had to think about that because you see I have tried to be a morning person, chalking it up to a state-of-mind -Kinda like resetting an internal clock. That whole idea lasted for approximately a week.
I coached with a guy who though that 5a.m. was the best time of the day....um. what?. no. I do wish I WAS a morning person, there is something about taking charge of a day rather than letting it slowly unravel through foggy eyes and a "don't talk to me yet" attitude. However, its just not meant to be. I function much better in the latter part of the day. I would rather go for an evening run than even THINK about working out in the morning ( when I was in high school my dad with run with me at like 8 or 9 at night). Staying up late to read or watch a movie is much more my speed than embracing a sunrise (tho very pretty).
So, this morning was an anomaly of sorts and I'm not sure what sparked it, but I'll roll with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother would LOVE this!!!!