Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fondu

Ok, this is the SECOND time I have tried posting this blog....figures I would have it all written out and done...go to hit "post" and lose electricity. ANNOYING! Anyway, fondu is one of my favorite things. I love to eat, make it and eat it some more. So, for my birthday we went to a fondu restaurant in Albany. So yummy. However, a couple of my friends have never been and they were wondering how it worked. So simple...but so good. There a bazillion options, but this is what I went with.
First round is a cheese, bread and fruit. I went with a beer-batter cheddar cheese. The waiter (or waitress) melts and cooks up your cheese for you at your own table and you get to dip away. Awesome start.

Then you get to have some salad and choose your meat platter (another bazillion choices) We went with shrimp, beef, chicken and Salmon. Waiter dude comes back and cooks up your broth. Once its hot you dump your veggie and potatoes in so they can cook for awhile. THEN...fork up some meat and cook away. Each piece takes about a minute or two to cook... and you are given several dipping sauces.

And let's face it...the dessert is the best part. I chose milk chocolate and peanut butter for the pot. I'm not sure if it gets much better!!


Seriously - does that plate just say LOVE!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Is that The Melting Pot?

Josh said...

That dessert looks DELICIOUS!

Amber J said...

It IS the Melting Pot and it was soooooo good :) and the dessert is the absolute best part!

Jen said...

Mmmmmm, I thoght it was! Seriously, the cheese and dessert is the best!

lost in thought said...

looks like heaven!!!
coffee, cheese, and chocolate are the three greatest foods eva!!!

Unknown said...

haha - coffee, cheese and chocolate - um.... perfect food groups...I am thinking a fondu party is on the agenda!