Tuesday, September 1, 2009

52 Degrees...

That is what it said in my car on the way to work today.  I know it's not freezing, but it was cold enough to warrant a light jacket and sweatshirts for the boys.  I am trying to be excited about the fall, but I feel summer skipped over upstate NY and thrust it right into fall.  So, now I am kinda of kicking and screaming against entering the fall season instead of embracing it with my usual gusto.  I don't want to let go of the warm days, pool-side parties, late night movies, summer mornings, tank tops and shorts, ice-cream runs, random weekend get-a-ways and spontaneous concert attendance....it all seems to be coming to an end!  SOOOOO...I try to remind myself of all the good qualities that fall has to offer...but for right now - all I see is winter looming ahead!  I know...real positive huh?  I even reminded myself of all the colorful leaves, apple-picking, pumpkins, trick-or-treating, cozy fall clothes, soccer season...but its just not quite working yet. Nope. not yet.  I still want my summer time.  So I will, for now, stomp my foot and hold on with all my might to not let it go.... I have until next Tuesday when school starts.  Then, I will relent.  I will relinquish my hold and let summer slip away.  :(  I'll close the pool and sigh...then go make myself a cup of coffee. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we'll just have to do something fun!! apple picking? pumpkin carving?sweater shopping? (oh wait..if only i didn't live so far!!)
sara

lost in thought said...

my brain tells me that September follows August BUT i still don't know when it happened (this year)...im with ya as far as stompin my foot and yellin it ain't fair!!!

Melissa said...

I'm moving south :)