Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And We Declared It was GOOD!!!



I like to bake, I cook because it is a necessity. I don't mind fixing meals for friends and family, it does get quite silly that my family needs dinner EVERY night!! what! Sometimes bagel sandwiches constitute dinner and mac 'n cheese is always a big hit, however...this past weekend...something amazing happened. My kitchen was a Food Network special. This is only in part thanks to my friend Kristin. She was over and as Food Network fan she was watching the show when a recipe appeared that looked like fun!
So.....off to the store we went, bought the ingredients and embarked upon a food-type adventure that was named Penne with Shrimp and Herb Cream Sauce.
The Christmas Cookies had to get done first...
THEN...onto the good stuff
Yup, we were very happy with ourselves...seriously - it was soooo yummy
Genius in the making....
to top off a perfectly good meal....we made homemade peppermint mochas...thanks to a strbx recipe!
Oh..yup...this was how it all began...
Fantastic...cheers!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
Looks like you had quite the meal. It is fun doing things with another adult. It has been good to see the girls take an interest in helping me out in the kitchen from time to time, especially baking ginger cookies (something about rolling the dough in colores sugar).

I'm glad there are only 2 more days until break. We get 2 weeks off, but we don't get any other long breaks until the last week in March. I can't believe how fast the school year is going.
Love
Aunt Darlene

Anonymous said...

AWESOMENESS!
CJ

Jill Kemerer said...

Was that a Giada recipe? Because I watched one of her shrimp meals last week and it looked scrumptious!

What a fun idea!

Unknown said...

hahaha YES!!! it was - wow you are good!
I think you saw the same thing then...it was fantastic...if you like shrimp..it is amazing!

Anonymous said...

so.....when's the next dinner? i want some!
sara