Sunday, December 20, 2009

To Letter or Not To Letter, To Sweater or not to Sweater....

I DID do Christmas cards this year, but only to a select few. This is not to cause an issue-but most of the cards were sent to family and friends that I do not see very often or for some reason or another DON'T have facebook. I did not do "the letter" . I did not write a "newsletter" though I have nothing against people who do. I say, if you want to write a Christmas letter, you go for it. If people don't want to read them, then well, that's up to them.
Of course, it's a running debate with my mom and I about the propriety of the Christmas sweater...now here is where my opinion begins to slide... maybe it's not within the Christmas spirit...but I DO giggle when the classic Christmas sweater busts out of the closet after a year of being suffocated by summer's tank tops and spring and falls various fashions. December is the month for three dimensional snowmen, penguins with santa hats and Christmas trees that light up to be plastered on the front and back of otherwise cute sweaters. Hey, now don't take offense, if you can work the Christmas sweater, all the power to you. I mean if your five, it's cute. If you are 65 - even cuter.... ;) All of you in betweeners....hmmmm.
I say all this to say....I got ONE gift at a ladies exchange at my church....you can guess what it was...and yes - OF COURSE I will post a picture. soon.

2 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

I need to get a hideous Christmas sweater. Maybe on the after-Christmas clearance? :)

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

sure! then you can come to our christmas sweater party!! next year. it's on the agenda!!