Friday, June 11, 2010

Pics and thoughts.


I ALMOST forgot to post my pic for the week. Actually, there wasn't a lot because THE picture of the week will forever be in my mind as I didn't have my camera with me. Lesson learned. Well, maybe.

I read that if you have to explain a photograph or a picture, it probably isn't that good. :) haha. But I will enumerate regardless. Have ever gone to a venue that is usually busy and active, but returned when its empty and quiet? I've walked onto a soccer field before a huge game before anyone else has come. It's silence is very unique and calming. Recently after a championship softball game I was covering, this bag was accidently left behind (eventually recovered).
The field had just been vacated after the well attended competition and it was ironic that the main ingredient of the game itself remained. So, perhaps not explaining the photograph, but explaining why it was taken!
Also ironic because I think we all have our moments where we feel we are really important, perhaps to someone or to some event, but once that time is over we feel left behind or cast aside. It's like we make an investment and then...well...in the very place we were cheered on....we are somewhat forgotten. But, then again if we are sticking with sports metaphors...I guess you have to ask if you always play to win or you simply play for the love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm amazing how you can see something in such a simple pic :)
sj