Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer is for....

so many things I can hardly list...reading, concerts, bonfires, swimming, birthdays! oh and tons of family and friend time. However, my summer reading list is daunting...I wanna read everything. It all started with a friend giving me four books ( two of which are Nicholas Sparks) and then I walked into Barnes and Noble with my friend Stacey - with the idea to "browse". I was not successful. I bought my latest James Patterson fix (for $6!!) I blame stace. ;)
THEN.. my mom suggested Outrageous Grace - written by Grace Fabian - a missionary tied to the church I grew up in whose husband was killed while translating the Bible into the Nabak language in Papua New Guinea. I actually remember that happening, but I was really young, so if you are game for a pretty raw story - check it out here.
And finally I really want to read The Wednesday Letters... my list continues, but those are a few calling out to me on the book shelf ;)
Concerts - yup. 2 so far!
and hopefully a little theater at the end of August :D
This summer is going to fly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and lets admit the other one you are going read...admit it!!!!!
you. know. who.
then u can ship it to me so i can read it :)

Unknown said...

hmmm, um... no.

Jill Kemerer said...

Sounds like you have a great summer lined up! Happy reading!