Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Paradox of Life

That was the title of the sermon at church this morning and the short video clip has been running through my mind all day. I may not remember them all, so I might have to add more later as I let it run through my mind.

Here it goes:

We have taller buildings, but shorter tempers.
We have more technology, computers and smart phones but less effective communication.
We have bigger homes for smaller families.
We have conquered outer space, but are out of touch with our inner space
We have more professionals and yet more problems.
We have more tv channels and nothing good to watch
We have elaborate houses, but broken homes
We have more degrees, but less common sense
We have more conveniences, but less time.
We buy more and enjoy 'things' less
We have more money, but more debt
We have a bigger social network, but we feel more alone
We know how to rush, but have forgotten how to wait
Under a starry sky we are in awe of the design, but we ignore the Designer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very true. That's why I liked "Little House on the Prarie" so much. Hard life, hard times, but shared with those who loved each other.
Aunt D.

CG said...

oooo. I like that.

Anonymous said...

yup. i like this too.
sarah