Saturday, April 23, 2011

Out of misery - grows Friendships...

Obviously most everyone knows we spent some time in Florida, a lovely treat for ANY New Yorker at this point. Getting there was a little on this side of misery. Delay upon delay and we ended up stranded at the airport missing our connection and therefore missing out on a day in the sunshine state...and for us Vitamin D deficient land-lovers...this was crazy disappointing. It was worse breaking the news to two lil boyz eagerly awaiting their first plane ride in which they were not babies.
Alas, we met the couple who were stranded in Detroit, flown to Binghamton because Scranton was under a wind advisory. We enjoyed the company of two lil girls and their family who all gathered around to watch movies with us and we met the near college graduates who asked a million questions about the teaching world...I re-met a family I knew from Davenport and felt sorry for the girl at the terminal who had no answers for weary, delayed travelers.
When we did get on the plane, we were delayed a second time, with the same people from the day before. The connection in Detroit was going to be close...and I mean CLOSE. We were that family you see in the movies racing through the airport..thankfully our newfound "friends" ran ahead of us to let the plane know we were en route..as fast as lil five year old legs could go.
Notes:
We made it with seven minutes to spare.
Andrew will probably never get on a plane again
I have the most well behaved boyz eva!
Three dudes missed their connections :(
Delta asked me about their services... I have yet to respond.
I heart all you who inquired and prayed for our trip
I like cars.
I really should live at the beach
Miserable delays = new friends. for realz.
Some girls really shouldn't wear mini skirts
Airplane snack needs to be a little more varied
No way will I ever be the airport terminal chick
I can pack a family of four into four bags and not check luggage...that's right.

1 comment:

CG said...

I agree. Some girls should never wear mini skirts and snacks should be way more varied. Glad you made friends and lemonade out of lemons. :)