Friday, April 29, 2011

So glad I didn't have Facebook...

Can I just say, I am so glad Facebook wasn't around when I was in high school.  I actually feel sorry for teens (esp girls) who have to maneuver through this social media. I say this because I have had my fair share of watching teens deal with the crazy drama that unfolds through pictures that are posted, subtle insults embedded in status messages and who hung out with who Friday night and left who out!
It's insane.
I mean, I know adults who create their own drama - but I don't feel so bad for them - get a grip.
However, for young kids who really forged this frontier before their parents even knew what Facebook was, pretty much did it without much guidance or understanding of the impact.
I spent enough time crying in my room over something someone said at school or sulking because some one was hanging out with MY best friend more..haha...you laugh..but for those of you who did high school..you know.
I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with social demands and implications of online socializing. Gosh, it was difficult enough on a day to day basis. I don't say that begrudingly. I loved high school, but despite the overall fond memories, there were those moments of emotional wreckage. Just glad Facebook wasn't around then :)  My yearbook is good enough!....and now. I definitely sound old and  for the record. i love facebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an excellent point!!!!lj

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I'd never want to relive any part of my school years. Some fun times, but enough bad times to not want to go back. I agree with you on Facebook, I'm sure it takes everything to a new level.