Friday, March 13, 2009

I relish a good quote....

Be it happy, sad, inspirational or totally random...if it's a quotable quote, chances are, I'll remember it.
Here are just a few I really like and some just made me laugh. Don't be suprised if I quoted you on here. The first few are quotes are slightly more in depth than the last few, but its the best of both worlds . I will probably add more as they come to mind. So, read or don't. :)

Be shocking, be daring, be bold, be passionate."- Jane Porter

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails...explore...dream....discover. - Mark Twain

“To write something, you have to risk making a fool of yourself.- Anne Rice

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas Edison

There is no agony like having an untold story inside you.” - Zora Neale Hurston

When asked, 'How do you write?'
I invariably answer, 'one word at a time.'” - Stephen King

“The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking.” – Mia Hamm

“"You may get skinned knees and elbows, but it's worth it if you score a spectacular goal." - Mia Hamm”

always turn to the sports section first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page has nothing but man's failures. ~Earl Warren

"I would watch the superbowl, but I don't really like soccer" - Dan Simeon

"I think mums are stupid," Denise Goyette.

"You might be a heck of nice guy at chicken bbq, but you're sure not much of an official," Pete Palen.

" Those who can: do - those who can't do: teach - those who can't teach: teach Phys. Ed" - Mark Truesdell.

"That's two hours of your life you'll never get back," Justin Hamm after working with Gregg on unplugging a bathroom drain.

"have been eating out way too much the past couple of weeks...not good for the cash flow or the badonkadonk!" - Cheryl Handwerker

"What are you reading? You have a stupid look on your face." Gregg Johns as I was reading an email.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY - now THAT made me laugh! I like the first one too! cool stuff
christy

ckuretich said...

fabulous. I love this idea. one day my sister-in-law (Zoe's mom) said while we were watching Home Alone during the bigtime robbery scene where they're destroying the house: "I mean, if you're gonna steal, just leave it at that." It it now on my Facebook forever preserved. well, on the internets at least. :)