Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's all About the kids....and some people I admire

So, I have a major pet peeve :)  surprised? I didn't think so.  That pet peeve would be obnoxious parents at high school sports activities.  I get to see all kinds and seriously I should get a raise for just being subject to it on a near daily basis. 
Nothing I say will ever cure the epidemic of adults who do not know how to handle the emotional upheaval that sports sometimes offer.  There is a definitive line between being passionately supportive and screaming out ridiculous statements that half of the time make no sense whatsoever. Ok, well I could expound exponentially on that entire concept, but I won't...because frankly it won't change a thing.  It's just bothersome when adults get so critical of high school athletes...seriously - I challenge half of them to get off their tushies and do a better job.  No kid goes out to play a sport and intentionally tries to make a mistake.  One of my camp directors used to tell us (coaches) while were working the camps, "it's all about the kids".  No matter what they brought, it was our job to make sure the kids were taught well, coached well and walked away with more knowledge of the game then when they came.  I say that for everyone involved in sports....it's all about the kids.

Totally not connected:
When someone asks me about people I admire, there five specific people that come to mind.  I won't ambush you and write out your names, but I think you'll know who you are.  These people find a way to make the most of the most challenges situations.  They find a way to smile and they look beyond their circumstances and find perspective.   No matter what the day brings, they BA-RING it right back and find a way to put one foot in front of the other until they are off and running again.  It's amazing what a little faith and a little smile can do and these very people have allowed me to internalize what perspective really means.  
I would have to say they all use the same common ingredients in their recipe for life: prayer, faith, friends and a love for the good stuff in life - whatever that might be for them.  Oh, and they all know how to laugh and not for nothing, they all know how to make me laugh. 
So, I can only count myself extremely blessed to have these treasures as part of my life :)

So...not even connected again :
Here's my 7-day update on P90x........ No? hee hee



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm.your hair has really grown.And will the real Mrs J please step forward !!!! Now you are most definetley gonna' get a "slug" in the arm.ed

Unknown said...

ok, so MAYBE its not me..i can't get my hip that far out anyway :P

Anonymous said...

AMBER! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC..haha...is that Jillian from the Biggest Loser? I've seen that before?
christy

Unknown said...

WHA??? Im slightly shattered...of course its me!..:P that is HYSTERICAL..because YES...that is actually her...what gave it away..the huge hip thrust out to the side when she stands??

ckuretich said...

I recognized those abs right away...

Unknown said...

and christin...that is why i love you :)