Friday, June 5, 2009

Feelin Froggy

It’s the new/old phrase for trying something new, something challenging, something you wouldn’t otherwise do. You see it works like this. The battle in your mind tells you that you want to do something, but there is hesitancy. In your mind you decide you are up for the challenge and you muster up the courage to just go for it and with the gusto of strength you say to yourself "Let do this, I am feelin’ froggy".
Try it. Say it out loud. You may laugh, but I bet you will find several situations that the froggy in you will appreciate your emphatic verbosity in its use.
I only say this because the phrase was used last week in a situation that only left me in a fit of laughter. I am not sure if I had heard it used prior to this event. Now, I know it doesn’t take much to amuse me so perhaps its simplicity is where I find its humor.
I will not use names to protect the innocent…awww. I have always wanted to use that phrase.
After a bridal shower it was girls night out with the brides mom navigating the evening. Myself, the bride her sister and her mom… it was a car ride immersed in family dynamics (awesome for me!) I like to observe;)
Anyway, after an evening full of laughter and fun we were to meet the bride’s fiance’…since we were already in downtown Albany he chose to meet us on Lark Street. Not a big deal until you could find no parking, it was dark and well, we were not a formidable foursome. Though it was no where near a dangerous situation we still sat in the car for several minutes deciding our next course of action. Get out of the car and walk? Wait for him to find our car? Just drive safely home and get to bed? The intensity of the situation swelled with fits of laughter as we remained IN the car conjuring up all sorts of situations. However, it was time to make the move as what to do….
So, mama of the bride took control and as if she were James Bond she looks back and states : "Let go guys, I’m feeling froggy."
Now tell me that isn’t a line in a suspense thriller as the guy is about to break in and save the girl? Now, I know the humor may not translate well in writing, but it put me in giggles for the rest of the evening…and I will say, I have used that phrase several times over the past week.
I’m thinking t-shirts, license plates, bumper stickers, coffee mugs and screen savers… "I’m feeling froggy" ;)

No comments: