Friday, June 26, 2009

I Love Thunderstorms

I think a lot of people enjoy thunderstorms, others not so much. But for those that do...there is something very alluring about them. Perhaps its because we have no real control over them and they can be very overpowering...all we can do is just sit, watch and listen.
I also LOVE clouds...big, fat poofy ones! So, the day BEFORE the storm this week - I grabbed some pictures and as the storm got closer took some more...I know..random. But that's me.
Of course, with taking pictures of nature I always feel like there is a disclaimer: It was SO much better in real life! The photograph doesn't do it justice. So, with that disclaimer...here goes the storm:
























in coming!
























This wasn't even sunset..this was just how quickly the sky darkened.





















And this was cool because it was like the suns last hope to shine!

4 comments:

the Jeffr said...

Love the bending trees and golden sunshine against the dark sky in that last one. I love thunderstorms myself. i've run outside when they start rolling in, and then just waited for them to roll over me. Great energy! Try it sometime. The anticipation is pretty cool. Just dont get struck by lightning!

Anonymous said...

I agree...that last picture is fabulous! But i love all your pictures:) ur such cutie pie! (you can yell at me later for writing that!)
christy

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
I love clouds too. I was surprised now many photos I took of clouds last summer in NY. We do have them here too, but not the space to take an open sky full of them. I especially like the last one. It doesn't look real. Beautiful.
Aunt Darlene

Unknown said...

yea i think the last one is my favorite too :) it looked so great for real.