Saturday, May 26, 2012

Enjoying The Journey

My devos this morning were on enjoying the journey by the ever wonderful Max Lucado.  So much to say about that. However, in the past year this concept means everything to me. Why? Because those 2 little babies I have are now 9-6. For Andrew, he's half way to "the mark".  18 years old!! ugh. Austin is not far behind.  God uses those two lil men as my measuring stick.
We are here to enjoy God's journey. Our work, our family and our friends... it's all apart of it.  So are we missing it?
Are we missing the moments God intended us to enjoy?
Like when your children beg you to come look at the frog they just caught and I JUST sat down. Inside I sighed, but I went over  to look. Austin looked at me and asked "God made a big one huh?" I smiled and nodded. "God is pretty creative huh?" I answered. "He is SO cool!". I might seem like a small conversation, but it was moment to affirm God's creation and of course..the "cool" factor :)
I have missed those moments before. I try NOT to do it again.

Like when a friend's drama is overtaking your every thought and you realize your husband has been sitting on the couch waiting for JUST a little attention.
It's hard to let go when you feel someone needs you, but it was more important to sit and talk with him...only to find out..his day wasn't great either. The journey needed to be focused on him for that moment and we ended up laughing by the end of it.  It was moment we needed.

Or. is your schedule so busy that you don't have time to see friend and family?
Of course, real life exists. But...is work keeping you from emotionally connecting to those around you? That's hard.  Our pastor once said this : "We work so hard to have a good home, a good job, to get our kids a good education, so they can go to a good college, and get a good job to find a good home and we push and push so hard to end up in a cycle that never ends. Do we ever stop and think..what does God want?"
This is not to say God doesn't want you to have a good job or a quality education...but what if? What if the journey were meant to be different ? Enjoy the journey - don't carve it in stone.  God's plan might be waaaaay better than you could ever "plan" for yourself.

Take those moments to look at a big ol fat ugly frog. :)

No comments: