Wednesday, July 15, 2009

An Artist I met

If you google John Houshmand you'll will find a gallery of unique art that doesn't quite compare to what you usually see. I had the pleasure of meeting with him and writing a piece about his work. His biography and abilities are both worth looking at and despite his world-wide recognition and publication and magazines , he was willing to meet with me and discuss how he found his way to designing furniture that costs $25,o00 each on the low end. His stuff is not found in Walmart btw.
Anyway, I say all that to explain why I posted the picture below. I toured his 850 acre farm land turned furniture-design-facility. The barns have been transformed into places where unique pieces are made for the rich and famous. However, this one barn will be transformed into a jazz studio. He is designing an acoustic rich environment that will be primed for recording and playing private concerts. So, as we turned to leave, I snapped the shot. It's not a usual picture for me. I realize I am so used to photographing sports, people and events that I usually don't take the time to photograph...well...something like this. So, I fell in love with it and with a little touch up help ;) it's a neat look at what potential is just around the corner for this ol' barn.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! I love it.

Amber J said...

aww! THANKS! it was pretty cool to be there :)