Thursday, July 9, 2009

GPS Trust

So.... we made it to Duxbury, a town just outside of Boston near the beach. Awesome place, but it was a little long getting here ....for three reasons.
1.) Traffic
2.) Traffic
3.) Rain and Traffic

Oh well, we survived. I usually map out each journey, but this time I didn't. I just plugged it in to the GPS and went with it. I still stress out wondering if the little gadget sitting on the dashboard really knows where it is going. I have heard about so many misled GPS systems taking their weary travelers far of course into some strange unknown lands. However, we have used ours frequently and has yet to fail. It got us out to Bethel Woods (the original sight of Woodstock) last year for a Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts concert and today it navigated Boston without a problem. However, I am still learning to trust it. I still panic if I think its wrong and truly, with my sense of direction, I should really trust the GPS a lot more. OH well, its a learning experience. As we work together, I am sure we will develop a better relationship. Trust, its something earned, not just given right? So...GPS will have to earn and NOT mess up the rest of the weekend :)

3 comments:

Josh Lloyd said...

You know what, I use my gps EVERY day at work to drive to customers houses, and every once in a while, it takes me way out of my way, for no reason at all! I always look at the overview of the route before I trust it. There's been a few occasions where I had to take a different way, and luckily it just reroutes you no matter which way you choose to take.

Unknown said...

haha - awesome
well just after i wrote that we were driving around and the GPS "lost signal" WHAT!!
So I will for ever have "back up directions" I HATE getting lost!

Anonymous said...

i hear ya on the gps... i still bring my google maps~!
christy