Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where To Stay Near Boston..

I have to say - that the Tall Pines Bed and Breakfast in Duxbury, Mass. is about one of the best places you can stay..in my opinion. It's got a huge yard, hot tub and in ground pool not to mention a great little suite to stay in should you choose to. The price of the rooms cannot be beaten...I have looked around and there is no better pricing. PLUS I am telling you...the breakfast that is served every morning is FANTASTIC!!! I ate so much every morning I seriously didn't get hungry again until dinner time. It is five minutes from the beach, 25 minutes from Boston, 10 minutes from Plymouth and 40 minutes to Cape Cod.

Better yet, the people are so friendly. The man who owned the place, we'll call him Bart...because that was his name, is a retired teacher and coach. Now he goes clamming and one night brought us over some clams. I would be more excited if I actually liked clams,but Gregg was in his glory. However, I was at least going to TRY one. I did. I got three down before I finally gagged and reminded myself I don't do seafood. Well, I like shrimp and tuna fish (shout out to Samantha on the tuna) and that is it!

So, this picture will soon be my new facebook profile pic....gorgeous no?






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

amber
i absolutely LOVE the new face book picture! i still cant believe that you dont like clams!

Anonymous said...

hey amber~tuna here
GO TUNA FISH!!!
i dont appreciate you posting about me and tuna fish on your blog. i will have to talk to you about this when i get home!
love
plain tuna

Unknown said...

the best part is you anonymous commenters...is there are VERY few people in this world who know who you are ;) And honestly...did you SEE the picture that went with the blog...puhleese...the heat is on me:D

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous -- Yes!! And I am proud of you for getting 3 down!!! mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
Love it. It all sounded so perfect that I was a bit jealous until you brought in the clams. Glad I missed that one. The place really does sound absolutely wonderful though. What a nice "get away" for all of you.
Love,
Aunt Darlene

Unknown said...

i was proud of me...but clams...seriously...gross.

Anonymous said...

Good thing the red tide didn't make it to Boston while you were there. Rich and I are headed to ME this weekend where the entire coast is closed to clam diggers. No clams for us! Too bad you couldn't have used the RT as an excuse. But then again, you wouldn't have that great pic of you. Love your blog.
TS

Amber J said...

haha oh my! I hadn't even HEARD about the Red Tide! WHOA! Yea- I am thinking that might be my last clam experience!! but yea, i guess that picture is forever! Thanks for reading :)

Anonymous said...

you pic is FANTASTIC.. I saw it on FB oh my. hahahaha. And yet still...ur pretty ;)
christy