Monday, July 20, 2009

A summer of music...and books :)

One of my favorite things about summer and fall are concerts! Last year we had a blast at a few and this year my prospects looked a little dismal. However, on the large, country scale - Kenney and Lady Antebellum will be in Connecticut - so since they will be here about the second week in August..I figured it would be a great way to spend a birthday ;)
However, any American Idol fans/country fans would know Josh Gracin. He was one of my favorite a couple of season ago and he will be at the Cobleskill Fair this year, so yup. got my tickets and I am excited to hear him. On a more obscure note Ingrid Michaelson will be in Albany in September. I would make this comparison... if you liked Jewel's earlier albums, you would like her. A group of us saw her perform last year and I thought she was fantastic! I actually went to the Hotel Cafe tour because of Joshua Radin...but came away a fan of Ingrid, Priscilla Ahn and the Cary Brothers. Priscilla came to the forefront a little when she sang the song Dream on movie Bride Wars.
And...Keith Urban will be here in October...so...my dismal prospects have brightened. Too bad they aren't all free ;)
Btw - Cheryl..when you read this...I SAW you went to see Kenny and Sugarland..you CAN'T get more country than that!!!! convert ;)


Yup and summer is for reading out in the sunshine...except the sunshine has been elusive. However, I swore I would not read more than one book at at time. That didn't work out too well. So. I am on book number two of the Lord of the Rings trilogy AND I started reading "Even Now" by Karen Kingsbury and I kinda sort of started "The Guardian" by my very favorite Nicholas Sparks. I MIGHT switch to audio for the LOTR. I figure with the amount of driving around I do to photograph and interview...I could listen my way through the entire series. We'll see.

Oh yea summer...also...means...lots of ice cream and bonfires :)

4 comments:

Tracy Standhart said...

Love the Guardian. If you are into Audiobooks, I have a number of them. Be glad to let you borrow - including the Guardian.
Audiobook are the only thing good about the commute I have during the year.

Unknown said...

Really! ooo. That could be tempting...it might be the only way I actually get THROUGH books :) Audio seems to be the way to go...though I have been reluctant to admit it :) THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Listened to joshua radin and Ingrid..I might be a fan. I kinda like them.
How did you FIND them? they don't seem to be too mainstream.
CT

Anonymous said...

I am very hurt that you would start these other books without even giving the book that I highly recommended a second thought! You know who.