Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tragedy and Triumph in Loudonville

I spent the day in Loudonville listening to Evelyn Husband Thompson speak. I will probably expand on it in detail at some point. BUT if you have some "google" time read some stories about her. A woman, a mother, a widow, a wife with a love for Jesus that is REAL. Yes, real, not the kind you just talk about, sing about or even read about...the one you LIVE about. She was the wife of the Col. Rick Husband who died when the space shuttle Columbia failed to land about seven years ago. She and her children stood waiting to welcome him home, but he never came... he went to a different home..

I will, I am sure at some point talk about her more. For now...I'm tired and I have to set the clocks ahead - lose that hour of sleep...BUT -gain a lil more sunshine!!

5 comments:

the Jeffr said...

Sounds like and inspiring day! Good for you :)

Anonymous said...

have you read her book??
sara

Unknown said...

No not yet. My grandma bought it though..so I plan on it! I bought a few books yesterday - such a sucker in a book store *sigh*.

Jill Kemerer said...

I'd love to hear more about her.
I have an award for you on my blog 3/17/2010!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Thanks Jill:) You just made me smile on a Wednesday morning!!