Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Life Flashed Before My Eyes...

Ok, so...maybe that is a SLIGHT exaggeration! Seriously, though....this is the picture I shot just before I got tackled. For the record....I can't complain too much about my job. I get paid to photograph sporting events and then write about them. Not bad..well, it would be if you don't like sports...then the job wouldn't be that great. But, for the most part I like it...especially photographing the big games like this one, when things get crazy in the gym. However, I have been photographing for seven years and I have only been hit by a player or a ball maybe five times due to where I stand on the court. However, last week, in one game I was hit three times! WHAT! After I snapped this shot, the one kid's momentum was going my way and never stopped. He got the rebound, but was going so hard for the ball he came right out of bounds and right toward me. In an effort to spare me injury or for goodness sake, my camera!!! he grabbed me and just about carried me three feet. Too bad I wasn't like 16 - woulda swept me off my feet..haha. Instead, it was a sweaty 17-year-old that almost killed my camera!!! Priorities!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Do what you want to the face...but save the camera!
Did you take the photo on your header? That's awesome. The action shot is pretty cool too.
Ryan

Amber J said...

yup- sure did take the header pic. It was from a hike in Lake Placid..it was very cool!
Thanks:)

ckuretich said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! plus love the dramatic story to go with it. But seriously, an amazing shot!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh i tell ya..drama,drama at my job. It's VERY dangerous Christin...haha. Teenage boys..very dangerous...flying sports paraphenalia..very dangerous:) It's amazing I am still alive