Friday, March 4, 2011

book clubs and slacker blogging...

Kinda of a blogging slacker :) I have nothing profound to share or whimsical words to create...well at least not right this moment. So many things sometimes going on at once I just don't know where to start or what to pick from to write about..thus I got nothing!
however, I did watch the Jane Austen book club finally. AND..I liked it. There were a few things the movie could have done without...but overall it was worth watching and since I have only read through two of Jane's books, reading all six in a book club would be daunting...but perhaps I could be drawn in by the cute coffee shops and great food.  Then I had to wonder...I don't know if I could actually find SIX people that would meet once a month for nothing more than to talk about books.  I think I could find six people that would WANT to, but six people that actually could notch that out in their schedule...I am hesitant to say that's a possibility.  Much more...they would actually have to have time to read the books!
THAT leads me to my next thought.  Everyone's schedules seem so crazy, mine included.  So, I have to wonder...if we really don't have time to read a book or simply meet together with loved ones and friends...what's our schedule really worth?  Mine has gotten some revamping ...

3 comments:

the Jeffr said...

I like the new look of your blog. Usually I only see posts in my reader unless I comment (like now).

I'm taking a class at church that requires us to read one book each week. Usually not long ones, about 150 pages or so, but nonetheless, it's ACTUAL reading! Something I didn't think I was quite capable of ;)
In the meantime, I'm still listening to audiobooks and averaging 100 pages a week in "non-required" reading. My brain is running kinda close to overload, but it's been good.

Reworking my schedule and priorities this week as well. Had a bit of a personal epiphany on Sunday, so I'm trying to clean up my act a bit. So far, so good. I've been on time for just about everything this week including church, court, and class. Started a Spanish course too. Now I just have to find time to blog a lil more ;)

CG said...

I would join a book club with you. We might have to limit the Jane Austin books though. I love her--in small doses. My brain starts to hurt after a few close encounters with the Mr Darcys of her world.

A good coffee shop with a crumb cake sounds just about right....lets find one halfway between NY and VA. :)

Amber J said...

hahaha...Jane Austen comes in small doses for me too :)
and every time i see the word "epiphany" - i giggle..cuz there is a story for that...