Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'll say it every year...

Where did the past year go?? Mah baby is five.  So, he's kinda not a baby.  OF COURSE we looked through baby pics (and goodness knows I take a bunch) and it's fascinating to see the changes.  Before Austin was born, three of us were pregnant all at the same time...and YUP..I was the LAST of the three.  Two friends with their amazing new babies before March ever appeared on the calendar, I was huge, he decided to be a week late.
It's amazing that time really does fly and all three of those amazing babies all turned five in the past six weeks.  It's hard not to be thankful for their health, their smiles and their overall amazing life journey so far.
It's amusing how different their life perspective is..I mean in five more years --- they will ALL be ten! (and their older siblings will be pre-teens! ugh)
Phrases that kill me from my kids:
"Way back in the 90's did you...."
"They had color tv when you were a kid??"
"I think she was way older than you mom..like 30 or something"
So many more..but I will try not to depress myself!
Today, we get to celebrate and I am sure I'll have plenty of "mom" moments and I'll probably say stuff like..
"Five years ago today..." haha

No comments: