Sunday, March 27, 2011

not sure what to "title" it...

before reality knocks, my dream can live a few seconds more
a beautiful world breathes before it's suffocated by my defenses
and for just a little while i can refuse to lock down my senses

there is a pause between moments
where nothing makes sense
but somewhere stories unfold
and no one has written the ending

wings let me fly
before gravity grounds my feet
everything is just a vapor to the touch
if my eyes open, it will disappear

misty thoughts and plausible impossibility
it ebbs and flows as moments of conscience
slip back and forth into the unconscious

eyes flutter open to find clarity
emotions plummet and rise
trying to find stability where dreams and reality clash

it's gone as feet touch solid ground
eyes focus on what is real
common sense dowsing imaginations fire

I close my eyes, but it's gone with the awakened
my skin feels the residue of what my mind can't remember
my soul still quakes at the hazy memory

my heart still knows where it's been
even if my thoughts can't recall the journey
my reality sharpens, the walls can be built to keep me sensible

until the walls fall apart in slumber
until my reality escapes
until the dreams return
until i close my eyes again.

1 comment:

CG said...

Wow, Amber! I LOVE the opening of this. It's amazing. I read it 3 times.