Thursday, March 24, 2011

Passionate Photography and Vampires..say wha?

Ok, so my mind wanders from time to time. Last night, a fellow photog invited me to watch a photography webinar with by Jesh de Rox about his business philosophy called Beloved...The Beloved Collective.  His one hour session was intriguing as he showed his basis for doing anything is...relationships.  Makes sense right? He talked about what our culture had embraced through the past few decades...the "walmart generation" where it's less personal, but you find mass produced "cheaper" items. Romantic huh?

Serious thought: We (artist, photographers, coaches, teachers, ANYONE) may need to focus on a more relational approach, a more passionate approach...where people and who they are, are the motivation and the cornerstone to whatever you do.

Wandering thought: As I was introduced to Jesh de Rox for the first time, I kinda thought he looked like a Cullen...not so much Edward...but a Cullen all the same.

Serious thought: Why was Twilight successful? There are bazillion blogs and ideas behind that.  But it had the key elements...passion, relationships, suspension of disbelief and overcoming impossible odds. Sound familiar?

Wandering thought: What if Jesh actually referred to the movie in his webinar?  "Photography is a passion for people, like vampires, we seek to extract from deep inside our clients" Maybe not..  I mean, Jesh is a vegetarian...so are the Cullens!

Serious thought: Whether it be photography or whatever else, if a passion for people intercepts the crossroad of business, responsibilities and life in general, I think we would find ourselves blessed over and over again.  It's hard to open up your heart to others who may reject it or accept it, but as with anything...maybe love really can conquer all :)

Wandering Thought: If love can conquer vampire loving human...  hmm...i think love CAN conquer all :)

Serious Thought: the thoughts and ideas challenged me to be a better photographer...passionate about the people AND the business.  I look forward to the relationships I am building every day. I have fallen in love with what I do and the people and the moments we capture together.

Wandering Thought:  People are truly beautiful and who wouldn't want a picture of that? If there were vampires out there wanting a family portrait.....i'm in.

2 comments:

CG said...

I LOVE IT. It was the beard, wasn't it? I can see how he maybe kinda sorta looked like Carlisle. A young Carlisle maybe?

Best. Title. Ever.

the Jeffr said...

ew boy :P