Wednesday, March 9, 2011

intentionally being intentional

Deep title huh? Sometimes, more often than not, actions have to be intentional or else an entire day, week or month can go buy unaltered with things that "should have" been done or said.  Intentionally being kind, intentionally investing in someone, intentionally getting work done or intentionally setting aside time to pray or be alone.  It would seem easy to pull those things off, but when everyday unfolds and everyday our own lives wrap us up in our own little cocoon it can be more of a challenge than originally thought.
I can definitely slip off into my world and the rest of everyone passes by.  This can totally be true if I'm working on a writing project or reading or simply just feeling like I need time away from everyone :)  Those things are all GOOD! Don't get me wrong, but those things need less "intention" from me...that all comes super easy :).  BUT, especially after a few challenges from our small group in Bethlehem..it's easy to see where we fall short of investing in others, loving others and intentionally finding ways to do so.
I have a few goals in my mind...
and no I'm not going to start a Jane Austen book club...well.... I'll never say never ;)

2 comments:

CG said...

Good post amiga. Good reminder. Cuz I'm not motivated to be intentional about anything right now. :)

Anonymous said...

yup. sometimes takes more effort that we realize...and we tend to be more self involved than we realize too...
sarah