Thursday, March 17, 2011

Monster Jam and such...

I never thought...NEVER thought I would be at an event such as Monster Jam.  In fact, I didn't even know what it was until last spring.  My kids stumbled up on it when flipping channels and it was love at first sight.
It has grown in popularity and finally shows have come to the northeast...to which we have attended two "jams"and just bought tickets to an event this summer.  We have endured some teasing from friends...as if we should all be wearing wife beaters, greasy hair and tattoos to be considered among the regulars.  However, I have to say, it is quite the opposite.  Unlike anything I expected, most of these events are absent of the "redneckers" and more family oriented..kids, families and lots of big trucks.  I had to giggle to myself when I realized at this last event, I knew every driver...and every truck.  It's kind of like college basketball...I know all about it because I almost have no choice!  So, I can hold any water cooler conversation about either sport.
The whole idea brings me to the fact that watching my kiddos faces light up is the entire reason I would sit through big trucks flipping around and paying too much for cotton candy so we can get the souvenir.  It's something special they have developed a passion for and seeing it through their eyes makes me understand it a little better.
Must be how God feels about us.  He takes great joy in seeing our faces light up in the blessings he is willing to bestow...kinda neat that our love for children doesn't even compare to how He feels about us.

1 comment:

Jill Kemerer said...

My parents' chiropracter has two monster trucks. Fun stuff!