Friday, March 25, 2011

Pictures and Love (146)

I talked to a few people last night and I think I am all set.  As I book clients, run a few promos and market for the potential of my young business I knew I wanted it to be more than just a business.  Of course I wanted it to be fueled by a passion for what I do and who I do it for...but I wanted a little more ;)
So, in the contests and bookings I still have ahead, there will be a percentage I make going toward LOVE146.  I encourage you to take the time to read and digest what it is all about.
However, in case you don't click on the link, it is an organization to stop child sex trafficking and the sexual exploitation of children.  It is more of a problem then you or I would like to really admit.
I have the support of my church at Bethlehem Community Church where we support LOVE146 as well as some other key people involved in it's organization and founding, so I am excited.
It's ironic...it's sad that an organization like this has to even exist, but it's empowering to think, that we can all do a small part to help fund it.
Oddly enough, I was never a big "cause" person.  Sounds a little crass I know. But, everyone has an agenda and a cause and I kinda brushed them off a little and was a little narcissistic in my thoughts...like how much does it really help to run a 5k for something?  But, that has changed. Where there is passion, there is possibility.
So, passion, photography and Love146.
The current child contest and it's link and can be found here.

Thanks so much if you spread the word,  anyone can repost the link. I certainly won't mind! :) :) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amber, for your support of Love146. We over here at Love146 are so excited to have you along for the journey, joining in the mission to end child sex slavery.
~Sarah Hine, VP of Communications, Love146

Amber J said...

Thx Sarah...MORE than eager to do it!